Shortness of breath on and off can be a normal part of life. If you’ve been exercising or been physically active, it’s common to experience some temporary changes in breathing. However, if in case this shortness of breath comes up suddenly out of nowhere and you’re not sure what is wrong, then it’s high time to go to the medical center for emergency care in Lufkin. At Hope ER, our board-certified physicians are available 24*7 to help you at a moment’s notice.
Symptoms Along With Shortness of Breath That Are Serious!
Following are the signs that indicate that your breathing difficulties need immediate medical care:
- Chest Pain, Nausea & Fainting – If shortness of breath is accompanied by any of these symptoms, it might be possible you are experiencing a heart or vascular episode.
- Acute or Severe – If your shortness of breath comes up suddenly, you need to see a doctor as soon as possible.
- Interferes with Life – If you face any difficulty in normal functioning due to shortness of breath, you need to go to a medical center for urgent care right away.
What Tests Will Be Conducted by Medical Center?
If you are in problem, the physician will instantly treat your breathing problem. Once the breathing problem of the patient becomes stable, the doctor will conduct a complete physical examination including blood pressure, listening to the heart and lungs and checking the abdomen. If the need arises, the doctors will also conduct X-Ray and blood test to check for infection and pulmonary function tests to check oxygen levels and more. These tests will help us narrow down the cause of your breathing problem.
After The Tests….
At Hope ER, we have a team of board-certified physicians, who have many years of experience in cardiology, general surgery, neurology, pediatrics, obstetrics and gynecological and many other cases. The experienced team of physicians based on the reports of the test will initiate the treatment of patients with any acute and chronic medical conditions.
Self-Care For Shortness of Breath:
To help keep chronic shortness of breath from getting worse, follow these guidelines:
- Stop smoking – Once you have stopped smoking means you’re tobacco-free. This, in turn, reduces the risk of heart and lung disease and chances of cancer begin to drop.
- Regularly go for checkups – If you suffer from chronic breathing illness, it is recommended that you visit your doctor on a regular basis for health check-up.
- Avoid exposure to pollutant – As much as possible; avoid inhaling breathing allergens and environmental toxins.
- Lose weight if you are overweight – If you think you are bulky and overweight, then it’s high time that you opt for a workout regime to shed pounds.
- Have an action plan – If you think your symptoms are becoming worse with time, discuss the same with your doctor to draft an action plan for you.
If you’ve been experiencing the chronic case of shortness of breath, it could be one of the several serious conditions. It is a good idea to come right away to a medical center for emergency care in Lufkin if you face any trouble in breathing. If it’s a disease or long-term condition, you need to know how to treat it as soon as possible.